Currently engaging in service redesign or commissioning a new service? Or Continued Professional Development (including research)? Want the latest best practice or most relevant patient care? Well come and use our information consultancy service!
We provide themed evidence summaries that utilize a complete range of sources – from Cochrane Systematic Reviews to NHS Evidence to a traditional literature search that provide you with the most relevant and holistic results available on any health and social care topic.You can view published Information Consultancies by clicking here
For more information and to arrange an information consultancy please contact the library via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (01204) 462490 or pop in and see us!
Literature Searching Service Specification
A literature search is a systematic and explicit approach to the identification, retrieval, and bibliographic management of independent studies (usually drawn from published sources) for the purpose of locating information on a topic, synthesizing conclusions, identifying areas for future study, and developing guidelines for clinical practice (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/nichsr/litsrch.html) . Literature searches differ from enquiries in their scope, depth of search and time taken.
- NHS Bolton Library will accept literature search requests from any NHS Bolton, Bolton CCG, Royal Bolton Hospital or Bolton Council member of staff
- NHS Bolton Library can be contacted for literature search requests via post, phone, email or in person
- A NHS Bolton Library literature searching form must be filled out for EACH request
- Staff will not be charged for literature search requests
- NHS Bolton Library will reply to any literature search request to confirm receipt of request and confirmation of requirements within 3 working days
- Literature Searching Stage 1 (an initial search using agreed upon key terms. This can also be the final stage) will completed and emailed within 5 working days of requirement confirmation
- Literature Searching Stage 2 – if required – (A search using amended terms from Stage 1. Stage 2 can replicated until satisfaction) will be completed and emailed upon 5 working days from amendment agreement.
- Results will be emailed in a pdf format to (unless stated otherwise)
- Only resources available to NHS/Council Staff will be used in literature search.
This service and how it is delivered is regularly reviewed in comparison to best practice and user feedback.
Last updated: August 2012